If you’re confused about how to write your blog meta descriptions, you’re not the only one. To help remove that confusion, I’m going to dig into what makes the best meta description and share the Perfect best meta description.
Do you want to rank your website? You have to focus on many factors, all blogger says that, and its good but you also have to focus on Blog Description, Because it helps you to increase your branding and traffic, Here is a full guide that helps you to write a better meta description of your blog…
Hey future bloggers, Today in this post I am going to cover about blog description, Many of you not taking your blog meta descriptions as serious,
You know that several of the articles are not ranking on google because they don’t have a perfect blog post meta description and don’t use any keyword in their meta description.
Blog or post description is the text which appears (SERP) before your link.
There are basically two types of meta description
- Blog Meta Description – This is a description of your homepage which appears below your site link in (SERP).
- Post Meta Description – This is a description of your blog post which appears below your blog post link in (SERP). –
If you master the meta description then you can rank easily without off-page SEO.
How to write a blog meta description?
In our post, we always write a blog post meta description just like that we have to write a blog meta description for our homepage.
The Homepage meta description helps you to tell users about your which means which niche are you covering in your blog.
If you are using Yoast SEO Plugin, There is an option which helps you to edit your homepage description easily.
Here, You can easily add your blog meta description using any Yoast SEO Plugin.
Tips for creating a blog descriptions
- Explain your website.
- Showcase your expertise.
- Make some eye-catchy description.
- Tell about your brand
I think to understand you about it so let move and show some example of the blog meta description.
Some blog meta description examples
You have to know how you can make a good blog meta description,
So, Here some perfect examples which help you to get an idea on how to make an eye-catchy blog meta description.
Why it’s good? Because they tell about there topic which they covered and also add the eye-catchy line that “Step-by-step guide to learn how to start a blog” which fills curiosity in the user to check out this blog.
Why it’s good? Because they showcase the best line that “That’s so easy,” so the user clicks on when I tell people that I blog for an earning, they roll their eyes.
3. Digital Photography School
Why does it work? It describes for whom the blog content is for and also presents the social proof that the blog is read by 5 million people per month.
4. A broken backpack
Why it’s good? Because they tell about there content that they will only focus on “long-term travel featuring budget travel tips” and many more guides that help the user to which want to travel.
5. Nerd fitness
Why does it work? Fitness seems to be complicated for average people. Nerd Fitness describes its content to be beginner-friendly – by mentioning – fitness for “average Joes”.
Why it’s good? Because they showcase their expertise by writing ” I am known for my personal finance management skill” and add some information about there content, I think you got some idea.
7. Lonely planet
Why does it work? They started their blog meta description with a question that demands attention and then described what their website is all about.
Why it’s good? Because they tell about there topic which they covered and also add an eye-catchy line that “earn some money from their blog” which fills curiosity in the user to check out this blog.
9. Dr. Axe
Why does it work? For a personal brand like Dr. Axe’s, showcasing the authority is very important. So, describing the qualifications, expertise, and mission is very important.
Why does it work? Reddit not only includes its company mantra – the best of the internet – in its description, but also provides a clear explanation of what it provides, along with the word “you” at the end for an added personal touch.
How to write a blog post meta description?
In WordPress, if you have installed the Yoast SEO plugin that I explained earlier, in the post editor screen, you need to see something below.
This is called the meta description that appears below your blog post title in the Google search engine results page.
It should clearly describe what is in your post for your readers. By this, visitors will be clear that your blog post is what they are looking for.
Include a summary of your post in your description. It is like giving a glimpse of your blog post.
There are 10 results to click on for people on Google (SERP).
Why do people need to click on your blog? You need to treat your blog meta description as a teaser for your blog post.
You can begin your descriptions with sentences like:
- After our research, we found that.
- Here are some ground-breaking techniques.
- These jaw-dropping hacks help you.
You can end your descriptions with call to action texts like:
- Want to know more?
- Here’s how to get it!
- Here’s the forgotten secret!
- Let’s see the shocking truth!
You need to provoke curiosity in the minds of the audience who searches for your target keywords in Google.
It helps you to garner more clicks to your blog posts.
Tips for write powerful blog meta descriptions?
For making a high converting and powerful blog post meta description we have to add some things on that because if you don’t have an attractive blog post meta description or meta description so maybe you are losing some of your traffic.
So here are some tips which I personally used to get a boost in CTR and also Ranking –
- Use Main Keyword: You have to add your main keyword in blog description naturally so it’s easy to understand google crawler about your main keyword.
- Include Power Words: Power word actually helps you to get more conversion. Using this type of words, Teespring increased there conversion around 12.7%.
- No More Than 160 characters: Don’t make description more than 160 characters because after crossed this character’s line your description is considered as long which looks.
- Add Call To Action: Make some call to action words to increase higher change to get clicks in search engine result pages.
- Be Unique: Make your blog post description as unique as can because it makes your blog unique than others.
- Use Conversational words – Use words like I and us to interact with your user in description also.
- Use LSI Keywords: Using LSI Keywords in description helps you to rank on them also. Personally, I am using it and increased my organic traffic around 57% but don’t add the same keyword because it gives bad signals to google and you will hit by a penalty.
Pro Tip: Here is the pro tip which I am using to get high ctr –
- Go to google and search your main keyword.
- Find the ads of that particular keyword.
- Try to add there some of LSI keywords of the ads in your post description. So by this, you got some boost in CTR.
I think you got an idea about how you can make a power blog post description,
So let move on and find how to optimize it for keywords.
How to optimize keyword in blog post meta description?
You need to include your target keyword in your meta description.
When there is a presence of your target keyword earlier in your article, it sends a strong relevancy signal to Google that your article is indeed about the given keyword.
Including your target keyword preferably in the first sentence of your meta description is preferred.
In the rest of your description, you need to try including other long-tail keywords and also LSI keywords. It signals the content relevancy both to Google and also the searchers.
How to add blog meta description on blogger?
I think my reading uppers portion you got some idea about it but this for bloggers user who is struggling to add blog description in there blog in bloggers.
So here is the guide which helps you.
Go to blogger dashboard and then click on setting
- Click on the “Search Preferences” option on setting options.
- Click to Meta Description “On” usually it off so, On it then you can easily add a blog description in the blogger platform.
I hope now you get all the information about adding a description to the blogger.
Frequently Asked Questions related to Blog Description
What is Blog Post Description?
This is a description of your blog post which appears below your blog post link in (SERP).
What is Blog Description?
This is a description of your homepage which appears below your site link in (SERP).
What are the best SEO plugins for WordPress?
If you use themes like Thesis and StudioPress, the SEO fields for SEO title tags, meta descriptions, etc. are built into the theme itself and automatically show up in your theme’s settings and editor for posts and pages. If you use other themes, you may want to consider using the following.
- Blog Meta Description: Tips To Best A Perfect Examples (With Description)
- 6 Best High Paying Google Adsense Alternatives 2020
- Top Best High DA Dofollow Blog Commenting Sites List 2020
- WordPress Ping List for Faster Indexing of Your Latest Post
- Best Free Search Engine Submission Sites List On Boost #1Ranking In Seach Engines